Within the coronary heart of the Columbia Valley, Fairmont Sizzling Springs Resort boasts Canada’s largest pure sizzling springs swimming pools, mountaineering and biking trails, ziplining, kayaking, horseback driving, three golf programs, and extra! Right here’s the way to spend a tremendous weekend at Fairmont Sizzling Springs Resort.
With Canada’s largest pure sizzling springs swimming pools, a spa, eating, outside exercise centre (Base Camp), and guided actions, Fairmont Sizzling Springs Resort is enjoyable for everybody! Whether or not you crave a soothing getaway or mountain adventures, you are able to do all of it at Fairmont Sizzling Springs Resort the place cozy rooms, condos, and cabins await.
Partnership Disclosure: Fairmont Sizzling Springs Resort generously hosted us, however all phrases and opinions are my very own.
Day One: Mini Golf, Historical past, and Sizzling Springs
“The mini golf seems to be cool, Mother! Did you see it?” my eldest daughter asks excitedly as we method Fairmont Sizzling Springs Resort. “I did! Do you wanna play earlier than dinner?” I reply. After checking in, we decide up some golf equipment and golf balls, and wander previous the playground to “Base Camp,” residence of the mini golf course, tennis and volleyball courts, and archery vary (admission is included along with your resort keep). Set within the hillside, with panoramic mountain views and a waterfall fountain, the scenic 9-hole course has some cool obstacles that require your consideration however gained’t put little golfers too far over par. We quit on protecting rating and provides in to the enjoyable, going again to replay our favourite holes as soon as the opposite households have left.
Subsequent, we stroll up the hill to the Indigenous Historical Baths (shallow tubs carved out of rock and a historic stone bathhouse).* Springs movement from cracks within the tufa (carbonate deposits) and the water will get hotter the upper we go. On a plateau, hikers are soaking their ft in a heat, shallow pool, having fun with the superb view of the Columbia Valley. It’s a peaceable and fairly spot, however we will’t wait to go to the resort’s sizzling spring swimming pools the place we will swim and play. *To study extra about Fairmont Sizzling Springs’ historical past, join a guided Historical past of the Sizzling Springs Tour.
After dinner on the patio at Bear’s Paw Bar & Grill, it’s lastly sizzling springs time! We return to our cottage to alter and placed on plush robes, then make our technique to the resort’s sizzling swimming pools. Whereas the ladies splash within the swimming pool (32ºC / 89°F), I soak within the sizzling pool (which is a snug 39ºC / 102°F) and watch the sundown. Solar peeks by way of the clouds bathing the mountaintops in golden mild. It’s the right place to calm down after a day of taking part in outdoors!
Day Two: Ziplining, Mountaineering, BBQ, and Sizzling Springs
Mornings within the mountains are brilliant and chilly, however we’re heat and comfy in our cottage. As I make breakfast, I remind the ladies to “put on cozy garments you may put a harness over” as a result of we’re going ziplining for the primary time! We will’t wait to examine an merchandise off the outdated bucket listing!
At Mineral Mountain Ziplines, situated subsequent to Fairmont Sizzling Springs Resort, guides Leyla and Lucas get us outfitted for the zipline tour and tell us what to anticipate. We’ll be happening six progressively longer and better ziplines, and crossing Fairmont Creek 3 times. The longest zipline is a whopping half a kilometre lengthy and 60 metres excessive! After a brief (5-minute) shuttle journey to the staging space, the journey begins. Each zipline is totally different, however every one is tremendous enjoyable! Our favorites have been the final three traces as a result of we may do tips (dangle the wrong way up, do torpedoes and cannonballs) as we zipped throughout the canyon. The spectacular surroundings added to the thrilling expertise!
- Know earlier than you go: Enable two hours for the Mineral Mountain Ziplines Tour. Members have to be 50-265 kilos. Masks are required within the shuttle to the zipline course.
We return to Bear’s Paw Bar & Grill for lunch, then drive 10 minutes to the Hoodoo Path (3.2 km spherical journey, 120 m elevation acquire). After just a few improper turns – the path has no signage – we arrive on the viewpoint which is on the prime of the hill and southwest of the parking zone. From the viewing platform, we will see the tops of the hoodoos, Columbia Lake, mountains, and Fairmont Sizzling Springs Resort!
- For those who go: Hoodoo Path is finest executed within the morning or night throughout the summer time because the path doesn’t have numerous shade. Hike on the outdated street to the perspective, and keep behind the viewing platform railings as there’s a large drop-off beneath. Get ice cream at Fairmont Pizza & Ice Cream Parlor in your approach again to the resort!
Night is time for ice cream, board video games, barbecuing, and sizzling springs. Who wants wifi while you’re staying within the mountains?
Day Three: Kayaking and Mountaineering
“There was a bear and two cubs proper there!” an Antlers Restaurant visitor tells his server, mentioning the window. “Oh I consider it, there was a bear by the entrance door initially of the week,” she replies. I like seeing bears – from my automotive – and hope I gained’t see any on the stroll again to the cottage with takeout in hand. Thankfully for me, the journey is uneventful; I don’t even spill my espresso!
After a scrumptious sizzling breakfast in our kitchen, we meet Patty and Matt for a guided kayak tour on the Columbia River (included in resort keep – reservations required). Since we don’t paddle on shifting water that usually, I’m slightly involved in regards to the children paddling solo, however Patty reassures me that “In all our historical past at Fairmont Sizzling Springs, we’ve by no means used our throw [rescue] baggage.” Nevertheless, she advises, “Please dangle on to your paddle should you do an by chance swim.”
The kayak tour (for 10 & up) consists of transportation, instruction, and leases so it’s one of the simplest ways to get on the water should you don’t have expertise or gear (and saves you a automotive shuttle and loading/unloading boats when you have them). After a paddling lesson within the lagoon, we paddle/float 2.4 kilometres downstream; previous the campground, golf course, eagle’s nest, and riverside properties. The present is mild, the water is crystal-clear, and our guides inform us it is a salmon spawning stream that shall be filled with salmon in a pair weeks. We’re tempted to return for the salmon run as a result of the paddling was so great.
- For those who go: The two-hour Guided Kayak Tour is for ages 10 & up. Enroll prematurely on the Recreation & Expertise Centre.
Heading residence: There are a number of stunning mountaineering trails and seashores within the Columbia Valley, however we often cease in Kootenay Nationwide Park on to interrupt up the drive. Marble Canyon (1.6 km loop) and the Paint Pots (2 km spherical journey) are two enjoyable, brief hikes roughly midway between Fairmont Sizzling Springs Resort and Calgary.
We cherished visiting Fairmont Sizzling Springs in summer time and will certainly do it once more! With tons of onsite actions and adventurous excursions that depart from the resort, it’s straightforward to maintain everybody within the household busy and comfortable. Simply be sure to save time to calm down on a patio, within the sizzling springs, or on the spa.
Extra Enjoyable Issues to do at Fairmont Sizzling Springs Resort (Resort Actions for Lodging Friends)
Make the Recreation Experience Centre your first cease! Pleasant workers might help you select/guide enjoyable actions from scavenger hunts and crafts, to guided hikes and ziplining. Listed below are a few of Fairmont Sizzling Spring Resort’s Resort Activities for lodging visitors:
- Play mini golf, tennis, volleyball, or horseshoes at Fairmont Sizzling Springs Resort’s Base Camp. Archery classes can be found throughout peak season (Might to late August).
- Guided Kayak Tour: Transportation, leases, and instruction are included within the Guided Kayak Tour (ages 10+).
- Full The Sizzling Springs Heist journey: “Half Scavenger Hunt. Half Escape Room. Half Superb Race.”
- Mountain bike or hike: There are over 50 kilometres of trails on resort property.
- Go on a guided hike / snowshoe
- Take a delicate yoga class
- Join video games and crafts!
- Limitless entry to the Riverside Driving Vary (seasonally, golf equipment not included)
- Soak within the sizzling springs swimming pools: Select from the general public sizzling springs swimming pools or unique Resort-guest-only Pure Mineral Sizzling Springs Pool
Different Actions within the Space (charges apply)
- Zipline with Mineral Mountain Ziplines till September 12, 2021.
- Tube the Columbia River: Tube leases can be found (transportation not supplied).
- Play a spherical of golf at certainly one of three golf programs within the space: Riverside, Mountainside, and Creekside (par 3, 9-hole, “large gap” course is ideal for households).
- Chill out on the Natural Springs Spa: massages, mani-pedis, facials and extra!
- Go for a trail ride with A Bar Z Mountain Adventures (open Might till late August)
- Go on an ATV tour with Toby Creek Adventures (35 minutes from Fairmont Sizzling Springs)
Lodging Choices at Fairmont Sizzling Springs Resort
Fairmont Sizzling Springs Resort boasts a variety of lodging options from lodge rooms and loft suites to cottages and villas. We had a cute 2-bedroom cottage (sleeps 6) this time and cherished having our personal entrance, deck, and BBQ; two beds within the children’ rooms so that they didn’t kick and struggle; and a kitchen. The bbq and kitchen made it straightforward to organize wholesome meals after we didn’t really feel like consuming out. If you want a break from cooking, nonetheless, the onsite eating places are a brief stroll away! Fairmont Sizzling Springs Resort’s cottages are conveniently situated between the primary constructing and Base Camp (mini golf, tennis courts, and so forth.).
To examine our winter keep in a loft with kitchenette, see our story: Why You Should Visit Fairmont Hot Springs Resort this Winter.
Dine at Fairmont Sizzling Springs Resort
Get breakfast at Steamers Café (seize & go) or Antlers (dine in or takeaway). For lunch and dinner, head to Bear’s Paw Bar & Grill (indoor / outside eating and takeaway) or Dapper’s Landing (at Riverside Golf Course – indoor / outside eating and takeaway).
Know Earlier than You Go
- As of September 13, 2021, BC Inns require Proof of Vaccination and legitimate authorities ID from everybody 12 & over.
- The general public sizzling springs swimming pools are solely open to registered in a single day visitors of Fairmont Sizzling Springs Resort and RV Park till additional discover.
For extra particulars, go to Fairmont Hot Springs Resort.
Getting Right here
Fairmont Sizzling Springs Resort is situated about 3.5 hours from Calgary / 22 minutes south of Invermere. Observe that Citadel Junction is your final probability to gas up earlier than you head south on Hwy 93 and there’s no cell service for many of the approach between Citadel Junction and Radium.
For Extra Info / E book Now
To start out planning your excellent Columbia Valley getaway, or to guide now, please go to Fairmont Hot Springs Resort.